Movie Marathon

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 dfg 1 Comments

Last week was probably the most number of movies I watched for FREE. I got to see More than a Game, 500 Days of Summer, Astro Boy, and This is It! Each movie caters to a different kind of audience. Have a son aspiring to be the next NBA star? - go watch More than a Game! Are you with your GF/BF or BFF? - 500 Days of Summer is your flick. Want to watch an educational and fun movie with your kid? - Astro Boy is the movie to watch. Still can't get enough of the life of MJ? - see This is It!



Email & Win Posters - SM Cinema website



I don't want to ruin the movie for you so I'll just give you a couple of points about these 4 movies

More than a Game
  • A documentary about NBA superstar LeBron James and four of his teammates in High School
  • Triumph, failure and everything in between
  • My Rating: 4.5/5
500 Days of Summer
  • This is definitely not another love story. It will leave you thinking of what love really is
  • Good cinematography, good actors, great story... at least for me
  • My Rating: 5/5
Astro Boy
  • Astro Boy is a boy robot who tries to discover his purpose and identity after being discarded by the scientist that made him
  • Has a good moral story for children and adults alike
  • Get Astro Boy Toys when you buy Jollibee Kiddie Meals
  • My Rating: 4.5/5
This is It
  • Behind the scenes footage of Michael Jackson and his crew preparing for his London concert series
  • Watch and listen of how MJ meticulously practices his songs
  • Don't expect a full blown performance since it is just a rehearsal
  • My Rating: 4/5 (I'm pretty sure MJ fans are going to get angry at my ratings but honestly, I found it a little dragging)

Thanks to Azrael for the More than a Game invite and Ayala Cinema tickets
Thanks to Jonel of Letsgosago.net for the Astroboy tickets
Thanks to my cousin for the Eastwood tickets