Nescafe Essay Writing Contest

Monday, April 20, 2009 dfg 5 Comments

How I wish I was still a college student so I could join Nescafe's Essay Writing Contest. All you have to do is answer “Why coffee is essential to my student life” in 1,000-1,500 words and you stand to Win an Asus Notebook, iPod Classic or Nokia Cellphone. Best of all, it's FREE to enter!



Contest Requirements:
  • Open to all Filipinos age 16 and above
  • Students currently enrolled in a college/university in the Philippines (college or university degree only)
  • Residing in the Philippines
  • Not published writers or professional journalists
Contest Mechanics:
  1. Theme - “Why coffee is essential to my student life”
  2. Essay must be original, not previously published in print or online, and shall be
    within 1,000 to 1,500 words in English.
  3. Only one submission per person will be accepted
  4. All entries must be emailed to cccnescafe@gmail.com
  5. Valid entries should include the completion and submission of the Entry Form (click on the upper left hand corner). Each applicant must submit a valid email and postal address for correspondence
  6. Entry submitted must be the work of one person and may not be the collective
    work of more than one person
  7. Judging Criteria
    • Substance and originality: 50%
    • Writing style, composition and organization: 50%
  8. View complete contest mechanics
Contest Period: April 1 - 30, 2009

Contest Prize:
  • First Prize : Asus Notebook
  • 2nd Prize : Ipod Classic
  • 3rd Prize : Nokia Cellphone
  • Consolation Prize for first 10 to submit entries: Gift packs
Upside:
  • FREE to do
  • Online submission
Downside:
  • None!
For more information, log on to nestle.com.ph/nescafe/nescafe3in1

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Nice! I think I'm gonna test my skills for now. Because I've been writing for essays for my schoolmates for some extra income. So I'll make sure that my work will be appreciated this time.

Anonymous said...

melissa...you joined the contest, right? thought nescafe would post the essays on their website starting june7, haven't found any when i visited there...

Anonymous said...

may 7 to june 2.
they have not posted any yet.

Wella said...

I've already sent messages to Sir Chris 'bout this but to no avail. I think it's time for us to escalate this to the authorities (DTI). I've worked hard for my piece. Nescafe pa naman.hahayz.

Anonymous said...

i called. they said that the results are ready but just need time to "iron things out" and finally post the winning entries on their site. they asked for three days. that would probably be next week. i hope that they would really post it.