Play Alter Space & Win an iPad

Saturday, April 09, 2011 dfg 0 Comments

Aboitiz recently launched a game called Alter Space, the 1st Filipino environmental awareness game on Facebook. Just install the game and play until you reach level 5. Once on level 5, look for 4 other friends who are in the same level so you can collaborate to make an Alternative Power Source (APS). After completion you are eligible for the a raffle prize of an iPad 2. There will also be consolation prizes of Alter Space items. If you need 4 other Facebook buddies to complete the task, post your profiles below (if you're not particular with privacy) so other people who are in the same level can help you finish the APS.




Playing a game is already fun enough as it is but learning something from it is a bonus. Alter Space gives you an idea how can lower your carbon emissions by making the right choices in everyday life. In reality, not all carbon saving devices and activity are convenient and enjoyable to do. That's exactly why Alter Space takes into consideration both the happiness level as well as the carbon emission on each choice you make. The game ultimately shows you how important it is to be personally happy while giving consideration on to your carbon footprint.


Back when I was a college student, I had the luxury to drive a car to school. I was happy because it was very convenient for me to go to school and go home as I pleased (not that I cut classes that often). However the most economical and environmental way was to commute since, most often than not, I was driving by myself. That option didn't make me that happy though especially at times when I found myself counting the number LRT and MRT trains pass me by because I couldn't get in due to how cramped up all the trains were. Then finally, I discovered the option of carpooling with my friends and schoolmates through the University Carpool System (UCS) of my school. Not only was I able to save money from the long drive but I'm also saving tons of carbon emission. Even if it means that I have to go to school a few hours early or stay at school a few hours late to accommodate the class schedule of my carpool buddies, it made me happy to think that I was making a difference not only to my pocket but to mother nature too!

http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/14547103/homepage/name/homepage.jpg?type=sn

Regardless is you work or go to school. I think it would be a major contribution to both society and environment if everyone organized carpool groups.

Promo Requirements:
  • Open to all Philippine (Filipino/non-Filipino) residents
Promo Mechanics:
  1. Log on to the Alter Space Facebook application page
  2. Install the Alter Space game and allow it to access your information on Facebook
  3. Play the game until your reach level 5
  4. Build an Alternative Power Source (APS) with 4 other friends who are in the same 5th level
  5. Register your entry by clicking the subscribe button
  6. Winners will be randomly drawn
  7. View complete promo mechanics
Promo Period: March 17 - June 1, 2011

Promo Prize:

  • Grand Prize - One (1) winner of an Apple iPad 2
  • Consolation Prizes
    • 100 winners of a Limited edition Alter Space t-shirts
    • 100 winners of an Eco-friendly electricity-free water clocks
    • 100 winners of an Alter Space Fans

Upside:
  • FREE to do
  • Random winners
  • No age requirement so you can have your kids play this game
Downside:
  • Only 1 winner for the iPad
For more information, log on to facebook.com/AlterSpaceGame