Predators VS Human Mercenaries

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 dfg 0 Comments

Last night, I was able to watch the premiere of the latest installment of the Predators series. This time, the plot revolved around human mercenaries who were transported to a game preserve in another planet to serve as prey against alien Predators. It was interesting how the whole story played out because both parties were predators in their own world, only this time, the alien has the upper hand.



When I found out Adrien Broody was the main character, I had my doubts that he could pull off a tough guy persona. He always struck me as an actor who could play drama ever since I watched The Pianist (which was a good movie by the way). To say the least, I found his performance just at par. He even used that husky tone of voice similar to Christian Bale in Dark Knight to create that macho image. It didn't quite work for him very well. Good thing his enunciation was clear though else I wouldn't have understood most of the story.

Topher Grace was obviously the comedic relief of this movie. He was the only person who doesn't fit the profile of a mercenary... or does he?

For the most part, the gore, costumes and constant suspense make this movie well worth watching.

Things you will like:
  • Gore, gore and more gore!
  • Good plot
  • Awesome costumes
Things you may not like:
  • Adrien Broody husky voice (he's trying too hard to be in character)
  • Cliché scenes

Predators will open in cinemas on July 8, 2010