Win a Life Changing Journal

Thursday, January 14, 2010 dfg 0 Comments

"This Journal will actually change someone's life!!! 2010" These are the very words on the front cover of the 2010 journal of FreeSpeech Publications. Strong words for a journal. But a glance at the back cover explains how this journal will do what it says - ALL proceeds from the sale of this journal will go to the different projects of Lifeline Foundation Support Team, Inc., sponsoring their activities that definitely will change people's lives. So buying this journal will actually change someone's life!

Read on and get a chance to be 1 of 3 Winners of this amazing journal

http://www.freespeechpublications.com/images/brown_journal.png
Available in Black or Red



There are a lot of things I like about this planner.

The hardbound cover makes it sturdy for a simple trip to the office or a rugged adventure trip. Writing on the go is easier. Just imagine trying to write on a paperback journal without a table.

Pages are properly sewn together so you can be confident your pages will hold together. It is also thick enough to prevent your sign pen from seeping through the back page. Two bookmark ribbons (one black one brown) allows you to bookmark two pages at once


The monthly calendar are filled with dates of national and worldwide celebrations. And if that's not enough, you will find the daily calendar full of interesting factoids on different subject matter.


You definitely won't run out of space using this journal. Everything is spacious, the daily calendar, the weekly notes and strategy page. Weekly mood charts and monthly expense chart help you keep track of your personal disposition.


The journal can be bought at Powerbooks, Fullybooked or by logging on to Freespeechpublications website for only P720.

For more information about the journal, log on to freespeechpublications.com

Promo Mechanics:
  1. Click the "Facebook Connect" button on the Disqus comment form below this post to log on your Facebook profile
  2. Once this contest page has refreshed, you should see your Facebook name appear on the Disqus comment
  3. On the comment text box, answer the question "How Will You Change SOMEONE'S Life 2010?" then click on the Sharing options link just below the comment box and make sure to select Share on Facebook
  4. A pop-up Facebook window will prompt you to publish the story on your wall. Write the same answer you have written on the comment box and click Publish
  5. One entry per person only
  6. The 3 individuals who come up with the most unique answers will wins
  7. Me and the staff of FreeSpeech Publication will decide on the winners
  8. Prize can be claimed at Tiendesitas or Fort Bonifacio on weeknights between 6-9PM
  9. Winner will be informed on his/her Facebook profile page (I will send a Personal Message) and will be posted on this blog post
Promo Period: January 15 - 22, 2010

Promo Prize:
  • 3 winners will EACH get a copy of a FreeSpeech journal


WINNERS UPDATE:

I got a little teary eyed reading all your heartfelt comments. I hope that all of us uphold to our commitment of changing someone's life not just this year but until the day we pass this world. Before I announce the winners, let me share you a children story I keep close to my heart.
A friend of ours was walking down a deserted Mexican beach at sunset. As he walked along, he began to see another man in the distance, as he grew nearer, he noticed the local native kept leaning down, picking something up and throwing it out into the water. Time and again he kept hurling things out into the ocean.

As our friend approached even closer, he noticed that the man was picking up starfish that had been washed up on the beach and, one at a time, he was throwing them back into the water.

Our friend was puzzled. He approached the man and said, "Good evening, friend. I was wandering what you are doing."

"I'm throwing these starfish back into the ocean. You see, it's low tide right now and all of these starfish have been washed up onto the shore. If I don't throw them back into the sea, they'll die up here from lack of oxygen."

"I understand", my friend replied, "but there must be thousands of starfish on this beach. You can't possibly get to all of them. There are simply too many. And don't you realise that this is probably happening on hundreds of beaches all up and down this coast. Can't you see that you can't possibly make a difference?"

The local native smiled, bent down and picked up yet another starfish, and as he threw it back into the sea, he replied, "Made a difference to that one"

Congratulations to the winners:

Michael Baloy

I am just a mere student and silly as it may sound, I will change lives of other people by continuing to study as hard as I am doing right now. I know that this answer might not even have the slightest hope to win, but I don’t care much about winning. I just wanna answer a thing which I know I could put to reality. I know that most people would say that they would extend a helping hand and all those things but being a student limits me of some things.

So this goes for all the students out there who want to affect change to other lives: Let’s study to the best we can and hopefully be good role models to all youth. You know inflicting change to others externally, by that I mean providing food, clothing, etc., won’t last long enough for them to live a pleasant life. But, showing others what’s right will encourage them to do the same, to study harder for that matter, to inflict change in their own lives as well as the lives of other people. By touching at least a life would start a chain effect and soon would wind up to changing the lives of numerous people. It would be pretty cool to know that you’ve helped some people whom you’ve never met – just yet.

That’s it. Sort of. After being a student, maybe I can do much more. But that’s another story ;)

Emiliana Sison

I will "go green" by taking on recycling activity as a regular habit. By reusing paper, I will be able to save trees from being cut down. The future generation in return will have more trees to provide them shelter when its rains and wood for their houses.
I will also go into separating biodegadeable from non-bio trash. I will make compost pit out of the first which will fertilize the earth and take care disposing the non-bio trash properly. I will sell the bottle, plastics and cans to junk shops for recycling.

I will refrain from using plastic bags and opt for reusable cloth bags. Plastic bags clog water drainages and pollute our waters. Many marine animals' death were attributed to ingestion of plastic bags. By caring for the environment and mother earth, I will be able to influence people around me and probably change lives.


Rosa Ferrer

I do believe I am changing someone else' life now. Years ago, Ate Marie, our kasambahay who was just in 19 then had a child without marriage. She raised this child without a partner and she worked hard to earn a living for her child. I pledged to my mom that I want to help our kasambahay by subsidizing her child's schooling when her child starts to study in pre-school. This small amount of money comes from my own salary and I was able to pledge it ever since I started to earn my own money. I kept mum about telling our ate that I am the one who pays for it and instead I told my mother to pass it as she is the one giving it to my ate marie. this is my own of paying it forward-- to give someone else' a chance for education.